This privacy notice sets out how Lean Construction Ireland (LCi) uses and protects any information that you give LCi when you use this website or which you have given through other means. LCi is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or by other means, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Please note that when you volunteer information we may collect the following:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including e-mail address
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to member surveys
Why do we need this information?
We require this information for general membership administration and membership fees (where applicable). We also need this information for marketing our events and:
- to send emails with informing members of relevant industry news, events and activities associated with the LCi and the Lean construction business community;
- to contact you for research purposes; and
- to use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
In most circumstances we will need to collect and process your personal data as we have a legitimate interest to be able to administer LCi membership and membership fees (where applicable), communicate with members, research matters relevant to the LCi and customise the website. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes we have outlined above. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”);
- rectification of your personal information if it is inaccurate;
- object to us processing your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and you believe that your interests override this;
- temporarily restrict our processing of your personal information, for example where you believe the information may be inaccurate or we may not have grounds for processing it;
- erasure of your personal information, if we do not have grounds for continuing to process it;
- ask us to send you, or another organisation, certain types of personal information about you in a format that can be read by computer;
- withdraw your consent to our processing your personal information, where our processing is based on your consent.
LCi are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website which allows us to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies help us to provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The LCiwebsite contains links to other sites of interest. We are not responsible for the privacy standards of other websites. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such third party sites are not governed by this privacy notice.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information to marketing platforms such as mailchimp for the administration of our events or to a third party to whom we outsource our marketing administration to the extent that the information is required for that purpose.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting.
If you wish to review your data, please send us an email at email@example.com. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
LCi may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from 25 May 2018.